Photo ID for Voting
Acceptable forms of identification for in-person voting include the following:
• Valid Virginia Driver’s License or Identification Card
• Valid Virginia DMV issued Veteran’s ID card
• Valid United States Passport
• Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by US Government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the Commonwealth
• Valid student photo identification card (must be from a school located in Virginia)
• Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business
• Virginia Voter Photo ID Card obtained through any local general registrar’s office
• More …
Don’t have one of these forms of ID?
Any registered voter who does not possess one of the above mentioned forms of photo ID, may apply for a free Virginia Voter Photo Identification from any general registrar’s office in the Commonwealth. Voters applying for the Virginia Voter Photo ID Card will have to complete the Virginia Voter Photo Identification Card Application, have their picture taken, and sign the digital signature pad. Once the application is processed, the card will be mailed directly to the voter.